An opening for a post-doctoral position is available in the Cell Signalling and adhesion group of the Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme at the CNIO. The research focuses on mechanistic and structural aspects of cell adhesion signalling, with particular emphasis on:
1) Employing structural methods, in particular X-ray crystallography and electron microscopy for the elucidation of membrane bound complexes in focal adhesions.
2) Apply biochemical and functional studies to complement and validate structural studies.
The candidate will work with a team of highly motivated structural and computational scientists. The group has strong expertise in utilizing structural information for dissecting detailed molecular mechanisms and collaborates both, within the CNIO with cell biology and computational groups, as well as externally with leading international research groups.
- PhD in Structural Biology.
- 1-2 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in protein expression, purification and all aspects of X-ray crystallography.
- Fluency in English.
- Good communication skills.
- The opportunity to be part of a European Cancer Research Centre of excellence that successfully combines basic and applied research.
- An excellent and multidisciplinary working environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities for robotic crystallization setup, crystal visualization and X-ray diffraction data collection.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...