A postdoctoral position is available in the Brain Metastasis Group (www.valientelab.com). The laboratory is part of the Molecular Oncology Programme at CNIO, Madrid.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who wants to develop a cutting-edge project in this emerging field of cancer research that continues to be considered an unmet clinical need. The candidate will lead a scientific project with three main goals:
- Discover novel mediators of brain metastasis.
- Dissecting the microenvironment associated with brain metastasis.
- Develop novel brain metastasis models.
These three aims will be specifically applied to the development of innovative therapies targeting cancer-induced alterations of the microenvironment using experimental models of brain metastasis. Specifically the research project is aimed to dissect the role of heterogeneity in reactive glia and exploit it towards the development of novel therapeutic opportunities. We have identified subpopulations of reactive astrocytes by de novo expression of transcription factors (TF) present in multiple experimental models and human samples of brain metastasis from lung and breast cancer. Generated conditional mouse models knocking out individual TF will allow defining their contribution to the establishment and maintenance of brain metastasis, understanding their origin within the heterogeneous astrocyte population as well as discovering downstream targets using novel technological approaches in vivo to find out those that are critical for the generation of a metastatic niche.
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences.
- PhD and/ or one postdoctoral stay (maximum).
- Technical skills:
Cell culture (cancer cells and brain primary cells), mouse models, in vivo/ ex vivo brain manipulations, metastasis assays, bioinformatics, functional genetic screens.
- Fluent in English.
- The position is funded. However candidates are expected to obtain their own funding using national and international calls for postdoctoral fellowships. Consequently this position requires experienced researchers with an excellent track record (recent main author publications during the last 2 years published in high impact journals/ leading journals in the respective field) that qualifies to apply for competitive funding opportunities and who want to pursue an independent career in science in the future.
- The opportunity to be part of a Cancer Research Centre of excellence.
- Competitive salary.
- An energetic working environment.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...