A bioinformatician position is available to participate and support the projects of an active, multidisciplinary research team focussing on pancreatic, bladder, and breast cancers. The postholder will work on epidemiological studies integrating environmental, lifestyle, clinical, and epi/meta/genomics data. The position will bridge the GMEG work with a molecular biology and computational biology groups. Contributions to multiple publications and development of new research ideas are expected from the postholder as a result of a pro-active participation in the projects led by the Group.
CNIO is an international cancer research centre of excellence with an active and stimulating working environment with a multidisciplinary approach to cancer research. The Genetic & Molecular Epidemiology Group focuses in the research of pancreatic, bladder and breast cancers through an integrative approach. We apply innovative methodology to both hypothesis-driven and agnostic/exploratory analyses to integrate several levels of information, including omics-derived data. The position involves work on studies related to molecular cancer epidemiology, environmental markers including epigenomics and metagenomics, as well as genetic variation (NGS). In collaboration with other investigators, the postholder will take responsibilities of omics data integration, analysis of large biological and medical/health database information.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, computer science, or similar with 2 years of related work experience or equivalent.
- Experience working with ENCODE, BLUEPRINT. Epigenomics, TCGA, ICGC, 1000 Genomes or GTEx data will be considered.
- Training in statistics will be considered.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of scientific manuscripts and presentations, both inside and outside of the institution.
- Programming skills in R, Python, Perl, BASH, C++, Java or similar, to write custom scripts for analysis of high-throughput genomic data.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Team oriented and highly motivated.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines.
- Availability for travelling.
- An opportunity to participate in an European research center of excellence on environmental epidemiology.
- A stimulating working environment with a multidisciplinary approach to cancer research and possibilities of scientific interactions.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...