The main interest of our Group is the study of the molecular bases of cancer. Our research is largely carried out in the context of large-scale projects, where we develop new computational approaches and methods for the integration and analysis of different data from cancer research. The group participates in the European OpenMinted project, dedicated to the creation of an open, service-oriented infrastructure for Text and Data Mining (TDM) of scientific and scholarly content. In the context of this project, the group is currently intensifying its effort in the evaluation of interoperable text mining workflows applied to life science use cases. We therefore require an experienced researcher to participate in this project.
According to the schedule of the project, after a first phase dedicated to the definition of fuser requirements and functional specifications, OpenMinted is now entering a phase of intense technical work. Our group is in charge of elaborating and integrating evaluation tools into the platform, among others. For this aim, we require the incorporation of a scientist with solid programing skills and a background in bioinformatics.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Additional training in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology.
- Experience in the development and integration of software tools.
- Ability to develop scientific software in one or more of programming languages, e.g., Java, Python, R, Perl, Ruby.
- Solid knowledge of bioinformatics tools.
- Experience with information hosts and platforms.
- Team spirit and enjoy working in an international environment.
- English as working language.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...