The Genes, Development and Disease Group, within the Cancer Cell Biology Programme, is seeking a Staff Scientist.
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, with at least 5 years research experience abroad and demonstrate a strong background in joint/cartilage biology.
- A solid scientific track record, evidenced by at least three first author published or accepted papers in peer-reviewed journals is required.
- Demonstrated research background in the joint/cartilage field, expertise in molecular biology techniques, primary cell culture, mouse genetics and either skin or bone-research related techniques such as primary skin and cartilage cells isolation and culture, etc.
- Demonstrated her/his ability to successfully complete a research project and/or to obtain at least one international research grant.
- Experience in mentoring students.
- Expertise in cell biology, histology, molecular biology (qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA), cell culture (including primary cells isolation and culture, ideally from cartilage, bone marrow and adipose tissue) and knowledge of mouse genetics (analysis of phenotypes and expertise in different methods of bone biology) would be desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Applicants should send a single pdf document in English with a cover letter stating the past and future research interest, CV, referees contacts and publications list.
- The opportunity to be part of a Cancer Research Centre of excellence.
- Competitive salary, according to previous experience.
- An energetic working environment.
- Part time contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...