A postdoctoral position is available in the Brain Metastasis Group.
The candidate will lead a project aimed to dissect the role of heterogeneity in reactive glia and exploit it towards the development of novel therapeutic opportunities. We have identified novel subpopulations of reactive astrocytes associated with brain metastasis in mice and humans. We want to define their contribution to the establishment and maintenance of brain metastasis, understand their origin within the heterogeneous astrocyte population as well as interrogate the mechanistic nature of the pro-metastatic niche they generate.
- PhD in 2016 in Molecular Biology awarded with an extraordinary mention.
- At least two research publications as first or co-first author in the last two years.
- Have participated in research projects related to cancer specifically devoted to cancer invasion and metastasis including the cancer associated microenvironment.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain research fellowships.
- Have participated at national and international scientific meetings and have performed research stays outside Spain.
- Technical skills:
Molecular biology: WB, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, cloning, and RNA extraction from animal tissue and cells. Preparation and maintenance of primary glial cultures. Cancer cells culture. Brain organotypic cultures. Processing of animal tissue for cryo-section and immunofluorescence. Genotyping. Flow citometry applied to CNS immune cells. Free-floating immunofluorescence. Handling of mice colonies. In vivo experiments with genetically engineered mouse models. Microtome sectioning. In vivo mouse bioluminescence imaging. Manipulation of human blood sample. Virus production and infection (lentivirus) for expression of exogenous genes. Migration/invasion assay. ELISA. Confocal microscopy. Protein Biochemistry. Data processing and analysis (ImageJ, Excel, PRISM, ...).
- Fluent in English.
- The opportunity to be part of a Cancer Research Centre of excellence.
- Competitive salary.
- An energetic working environment.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...