The Bioinformatics Unit participates in the European high impact research initiative BLUEPRINT, dedicated to the creation of reference epigenomes to the scientific community. The group coordinates the BLUEPRINT Bioinformatics work packages, including the construction of the project database, the integration of the analysis pipeline, the organization of the annotation jamborees /data releases, and the integrated and collaborative development of the new analysis instruments.
The unit has been participating intensely in the BLUEPRINT initiative. During the last years, the project has produced large amounts of data and is now at a final stage where data analysis is being intensified to bring the project to a successful end. We therefore require an experienced researcher, familiar with Big Data projects in the life sciences, preferably with knowledge of the BLUEPRINT project, to support the BLUEPRINT team in the final analysis efforts.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Additional training in Bioinformatics or equivalent.
- Experience with NGS data analysis.
- Experience with BLUEPRINT data is desirable.
- Proven record of independent project design and supervision.
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Perl, Python, C++).
- Solid knowledge of bioinformatics tools for DNA sequence analysis.
- English as working language.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...