The Telomeres and Telomerase Group, within the Molecular Oncology Programme, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to investigate the effect of telomerase gene therapy on neurodegeneration with age and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- PhD in in the field of biology.
- Category B and C Animal Experimentation certificates.
- 10 years of laboratory work experience. 2 years of laboratory experience after PhD.
- Experience with research in another country outside of native country. Fellowship obtained at the postdoctoral level. Attended at least one conference.
- 5 Years of experience working with mice.
- Experience working with gene therapy with AAV vectors.
- Research experience with telomerase and telomeres.
- Research experience with shelterin proteins.
- Tecnical skills:
Cell culture. PCR. Western blots. Microarrays. Q-FISH. Immunofluorescence. Confocal microscopy.
- At least 2 first author publications.
- Experience with the following: Computer programming. BLAST. Linux.
- Excellent level of English and at least a very basic level of Spanish.
- The opportunity to be part of a Cancer Research Centre of excellence.
- Competitive salary.
- An energetic working environment.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...