The Bioinformatics Unit (Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme, CNIO) participates in the European project RD-Connect, dedicated to the development of an integrated platform connecting databases, registries, biobanks and clinical bioinformatics for rare disease research. In the context of this project, the group is currently intensifying its effort in the integration of a functional analysis pipeline into the RD-Connect platform.
The group has been participating intensely in the RD-Connect initiative. We have been involved in the Work package dedicated to the development, implementation and maintenance of the integrated RD-Connect platform, including data representation and visualization, as well as access control and data protection. In the next phase of the project, we will broaden our effort in the tasks dedicated to the development of the analysis pipeline. We therefore require an experienced researcher to lead and supervise this phase of the project.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology or equivalent.
- University degree in Natural Sciences.
- Additional training in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology.
- A minimum of five years in higher-level positions working in the area of Structural Computational Biology.
- Experience with sequence analysis of protein families and functional annotation of variants.
- Proven record of independent project design and coordination of research teams.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of bioinformatics tools.
- Solid knowledge of bioinformatics tools for DNA sequence analysis and structure prediction.
- English as working language.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the few European Cancer Research Centres of excellence.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Contract linked to a project.
via CNIO. Empleo Más Información Aquí...